Regulations | Illustrations and Additional Information
Illustrations and Additional Information
California Fishing Passport
A fishing incentive and recognition program to highlight and promote fishing throughout the state. Pick up your free copy of the California Fishing Passport book listing 150 different popular fresh and saltwater finfish and shellfish that occur throughout the state. Try to catch one of every species listed, and you will receive stamps in your passport book documenting each achievement.
- Fort Ross Red Abalone Closure Map (PDF)
New regulations (Section 29.15(b)(1)) effective January 1, 2014
- Demonstration Video: California Abalone Reporting and Tagging Requirements
This video shows abalone sport divers and rock pickers how to comply with abalone regulations enacted April 2008.
- Black, Blue Rockfish ID Flyer
This flyer lists identifying features that can be used to differentiate between black rockfish and blue rockfish.
- Canary, Vermilion, Yelloweye Rockfish ID Flyer
This flyer lists identifying features that can be used to differentiate between canary rockfish, yelloweye rockfish, and vermilion rockfish.
- Measurement Methods for Finfish and Invertebrates (PDF)
- Cowcod Conservation Areas