CDFW's General Counsel advises and reports to the Director on legal matters; conducts legal actions and directs the State Attorney General in representing the Department; and provides in-house legal services to CDFW divisions and regions.
Frequently Requested Resources
- Public Records Act Requests
- Regulations implementing the California Endangered Species Act are found in Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations as follows:
- Article 1. Take Prohibition; Permits for incidental take of Endangered Species, Threatened Species and Candidate Species (§§ 783.0-783.8)
- Article 2. Take Incidental to Routine and Ongoing Agricultural Activities (§§ 786.0-786.8)
- Information on the California Environmental Quality Act
- CEQA Web Page - New inter-active roadmap to help the public through this complex act.
- Persons bringing legally taken fish or game into California needs to complete a declaration of entry form.
- Information on obtaining an agreement to substantially divert or obstruct; change the bed, channel, or bank; or use material from a river, stream, or lake