Effective July 1, 2019, electronic reporting of landing data is mandatory for fish businesses with a multifunction license, fishermen's retail license or the fish receiver's license who are reporting the sale or delivery of commercial fish landings.
To assist fish businesses in this transition, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has updated the User Guide (PDF) that contains resources to guide fish businesses in submitting landing data to CDFW. The User Guide contains the following information:
- Language from the California Code of Regulations that describes the submission of landing data and the use of electronic fish tickets.
- Tools for submitting electronic fish tickets.
- Definitions of terms used in landing records.
- Lists of codes used on landing records with definitions/locations.
- Sections from the Fish and Game Code applicable to landing records.
The electronic fish ticket is a web-based form called E-Tix, managed by the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission (PSMFC). PSMFC has a Quick Start Guide for California fish businesses available on their web site to assist those transitioning to electronic reporting using E-Tix, as well as a link to request an E-Tix account.
CDFW recommends that fish businesses sign up for E-Tix well in advance of July 1, 2019 and start reporting fish tickets electronically now.
If you have any questions, or require additional information, please email ElectronicFishTicket@wildlife.ca.gov or phone the CDFW Marine Fisheries Statistical Unit at (562) 342-7130.