To assist with this transition, fish businesses were invited to attend outreach events co-hosted by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) and the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission (PSMFC) to learn more about the required electronic submission of commercial fisheries landings via E-Tix. Staff answered questions, provided a demonstration of E-Tix, and fish businesses were able to register with E-Tix. Locations included:
- Sausalito on 4/30/2019 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the USACE Bay Model Visitors Center, 2100 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA 94965 - COMPLETED
- Santa Barbara on 5/7/2019 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Waterfront Dept. Marine Center, 125 Harbor Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93109 - COMPLETED
- San Pedro on 5/8/2019 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, 3720 Stephen M. White Drive, San Pedro, CA 90731 - COMPLETED
- San Diego on 5/9/2019 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. a Hubbs-Sea World Research Institute Shedd Auditorium, 2595 Ingraham St, San Diego, CA 92109 - COMPLETED
- Fort Bragg on 6/17/2019 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the California Department of Fish and Wildlife Office, 32330 N Harbor Dr, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 - COMPLETED
- Eureka on 6/18/2019 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation, and Conservation District Office, 601 Startare Dr, Eureka, CA 95501 - COMPLETED
In addition, California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has updated the User Guide (PDF) that contains resources to guide fish businesses in submitting landing data to the CDFW.
The electronic fish ticket is a web-based form called E-Tix, managed by the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission (PSMFC). PSMFC has a Quick Start Guide for California fish businesses available on their web site to assist those transitioning to electronic reporting using E-Tix, as well as a link to request an E-Tix account.
If you have any questions, or require additional information, please email ElectronicFishTicket@wildlife.ca.gov or phone the CDFW Marine Fisheries Statistical Unit at (562) 342-7130