The permittee (or his/her heirs) must submit a letter identifying the type of permit being transferred with the name, commercial fishing license identification number and address of the proposed recipient. The following items must be included with the letter:
- permittee's original current General Gill / Trammel Net Permit,
- proof of the permittee's eligibility to transfer the permit (as described above),
- a copy of the proposed recipient's current California commercial fishing license
- proof of the proposed recipient's eligibility to receive the permit (as previously described), including verification of his/her commercial fishing licenses corresponding to the years in which crewmember experience was obtained, and
- payment of $100 transfer fee.
Mail these items to:
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
License and Revenue Branch
1740 N. Market Blvd.
Sacramento, California 95834
Evaluation of the transfer request should be completed within 20 business days after receipt by the License and Revenue Branch provided additional documentation is not required. If approved, a letter authorizing the transfer will be sent to the permittee and the reissued General Gill Trammel Net Permit will be mailed to the transferee to complete the transfer process. If disapproved, CDFW will notify the permittee, explaining the reason for denial. The permittee has the right to appeal such denial to the Fish and Game Commission.
Please contact Ms. Debbie Noriega, Commercial Limited Entry Program Analyst at (916) 928-5817, or Debbie.Noriega@wildlife.ca.gov, if you have any further questions or require additional assistance.