Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags are available for special hunting opportunities for elk, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep and deer for the 2019 hunt year. Hunters may apply as many times as they wish for California’s most coveted hunting tags.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags generate dedicated funding for wildlife management programs that benefit big game species. Each year the fund-raising random drawing tags generated more than $368,000 for big game management in California.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tag Basics:
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 12 or older as of July 1 of the license year may apply for the elk, pronghorn antelope and deer fund-raising tags.
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 16 or older as of July 1 of the license year may apply for the bighorn sheep fund-raising tag.
- $6.48 per application
- No limit on the number of applications you can submit.
- Does not use or affect your preference points.
- A hunting license is not required to apply, but must be purchased if drawn.
- Applicants may apply Online, at any CDFW License Sales Office or License Agent from April 15 through June 2 of the license year.
- Tags are awarded by random drawing which is run within 10 business days of the deadline to apply.
- Winners are awarded a tag at no additional cost and are notified by phone/mail.
The 2019 Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags are:
One Open Zone Deer Tag
The tag allows the hunter to hunt during the authorized season dates of any hunt, using the specific method and meeting any special conditions of the tag for that hunt.
One Northeastern California Pronghorn Tag
The tag allows the hunter to hunt in any of the Northeastern pronghorn zones, (Mount Dome, Clear Lake, Likely Tables, Lassen, Big Valley and Surprise Valley) with any legal method. The hunt dates are from August 3, 2019 to September 22, 2019.
One Grizzly Island Bull Zone Elk Tag
The Grizzly Island Bull Elk Tag is valid in the Grizzly Island hunt zone, with any legal method. Only one elk may be harvested. The hunt dates are from August 3, 2019 to September 1, 2019.
One Cady Mountains Desert Bighorn Sheep Tag
The tag is valid only in the Cady Mountains hunt zone. Season dates are from November 2, 2019 through February 2, 2020. If awarded the tag the hunter must attend a
mandatory orientation to receive the tag.
Note: This tag will be available pending adoption of new regulations by the Fish and Game Commission on May 16, 2019. Hunters interested in applying for this tag, will need to contact their local CDFW license sales office and apply once it is available.