It is common for waterfowl hunting areas to close periodically due to safety concerns caused by flooding. Areas that most commonly experience flood closures are: Sutter National Wildlife Refuge, Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area, Delevan National Wildlife Refuge, Little Dry Creek and Howard Slough. Reservations for State-operated wildlife areas that are closed due to flooding will not be accepted at other hunting areas. Refunds will not be issued for applications submitted to areas that are closed or if reservations are not available. Closed areas may reopen later in the season if safety conditions improve.
Wildlife areas / refuges with closures or reduced hunter quotas:
- Colusa National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) - Colusa NWR will be open with a full hunter quota.
- Delevan National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) - Delevan NWR will be open with a full hunter quota.
- Sutter National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) - Sutter NWR will be open with a full hunter quota on Sunday, 2/3/2019.
- Upper Butte Basin Wildlife Area (WA) - Little Dry Creek Unit will be open with a full hunter quota. For more information call (530) 982-2169.
- Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area (WA) - Yolo Bypass WA will be open with a reduced hunter quota. For more information call (530) 757- 2461.
Conditions at Imperial Wildlife Area, Wister Unit, May Impact Hunting Opportunities for Waterfowl Opener