The application consists of:
- A notarized letter from the permittee (or his/her heirs) to the address below providing the name, commercial fishing license identification number, and address of the proposed recipient. The letter, filed under penalty of perjury, must also describe the terms of the transfer.
- A copy of the permittee's current Drift Gill Net Permit.
- A copy of the transferee's current General Gill/Trammel Net Permit.
- If a commercial fishing vessel other than the current permittee's is to be used by the transferee, the letter must: (a) name the commercial fishing vessel to be used, (b) its CDFW vessel registration number, and (c) payment of $130 vessel transfer fee must also be included. Proof of a compelling reason for the vessel transfer is not required.
- Payment of $1,500 transfer fee.
Mail these items to:
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
License and Revenue Branch
1740 N. Market Blvd.
Sacramento, California 95834
Evaluation of the transfer request should be completed within 20 business days after receipt by the License and Revenue Branch provided additional documentation is not required. If approved, a letter authorizing the transfer will be sent to the permittee with instructions on the process for completing the transfer. If disapproved, CDFW will notify the permittee in writing, explaining the reason for denial. The permittee has the right to appeal such denial to the Fish and Game Commission.
Please contact Ms. Debbie Noriega, Commercial Limited Entry Program Analyst at (916) 928-5817, or Debbie.Noriega@wildlife.ca.gov, if you have any further questions or require additional assistance.