Effective July 1, 2014
View the updated regulatory text (PDF)
- Modified language and broadened the scope of the regulation to specify that squid taken in violation of any commercial squid fishing law or regulation shall be forfeited to CDFW. Also, the requirement that squid fishermen or buyers sign a release of property form is proposed to be repealed.
- Modify the incidental take provisions specifying that incidentally taken squid shall meet the following criteria:
1. The volume landed or possessed on a vessel cannot exceed two tons per trip;
2. The amount of squid incidentally taken cannot exceed 10 percent of the total volume of the fish landed or possessed on a vessel.
- Additional changes were made to improve the organization, clarity, and consistency of the regulations.
(updated as of July 1, 2014)