Training Announcement - Watercraft Inspection Trainings
The following information is being forwarded on behalf of Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission:
Watercraft Inspection Trainings (WIT I) Announcement
The Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission is sponsoring 2 one-day* (WIT I) Watercraft Inspection Trainings, hosted by California Department of Fish and Wildlife and Lake Mission Viejo Association.
Date: May 7 OR May 8, 2019*
Location: Lake Mission Viejo Association Club House, 22555 Olympiad Road, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Instructor: "Quagga D" Davis, PSMFC Training Contractor
The training will include:
- Introduction & overview of what other western states are doing to fight mussels
- Biology of quagga & zebra mussels
- Quagga & zebra mussel status, monitoring, prevention, and regulations in California
- Overview of decontamination, including when decontamination should occur
- >Watercraft risk assessment and inspection procedure (with practice)
Go to Level 1 Inspector Training for more information. Logistics will be sent upon registration.
TO REGISTER: If you are interested in attending, please register online. *This is a ONE-day training - Specify which date when registering. The registration deadline is April 8th - Space is limited! Don’t delay, save your spot today!!
COST: Training is provided free of charge to attendees on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendees are responsible for their own travel expenses.
For Level 2 Watercraft Inspection and Decontamination Training, please visit WIT II Schedule.
For any questions, please contact “Quagga D” Davis at (702) 236-3814 or email@example.com.